What Makes Progressive Cavity Pumps Versatile for Industrial Uses?June 25, 2018
Progressive cavity pumps work well in tough pumping applications. Streaming high or low viscosity fluids, the extended positive displacement units maintain a fixed output. Even when the NPSHR (Net Positive Suction Head Required) is pitifully inadequate, the screw mechanism and its surrounding stator keep right on operating. Taking these performance-based attributes into account, helical pumps are clearly built to satisfy the most challenging industrial applications.
Pump Versatility as an Industrial Gain
Absolutely, the above design features place progressive cavity pumps firmly at the head of the prime mover pack. After all, even the most fundamental feature, an ability to self-prime, can be interpreted as a major advantage. A boiler room or chemical plant, sites that introduce entrained gases into their feeds, benefit from this functional advantage. Imagine a pump family that handles solids and gas entrained fluids with equal proficiency, a helical mechanism that offers a low-velocity internal flow but can do so without producing turbulence. That's quite a feature, and it's one that gives PC pumps a head start, at least as far as industrial versatility is concerned.
Metering and Dosing Applications
Midrange usage areas have been discussed at length. The helical pumps process abrasive waste, they pump fragile packages of food, and they're clearly built to offer mix-less ingredient transportation. These are all primary usage domains, places where the pumps function as arterial fluid conductors. However, while still contemplating industrial versatility, the pumps are also popular metering and dosing devices. In this particular instance, the pressures applied during an industrial process are enormous, but a low-velocity fluid dosing feature ensures a precisely metered ingredient is properly added to a quantity-critical industrial process. Chemical complexes employ this key processing attribute, as do wastewater facilities. In the latter case, the slow-moving, high-pressure system doses the wastewater with a precisely metered quantity of fluid-suspended polymers. The waste collects around the inert particles and separates from the water.
Known to be self-priming champions, progressive cavity pumps work in all kinds of industrially scaled applications, even when those applications push air-entrained liquids. The Net Positive Suction Head may be low and the suction conditions dire, but the pump will still act as a fluid network regulator while it delivers shear-free functionality. For those processes where steam and chemical vapours change state and confound other prime movers, helical pumps remain at their screw-pumping best. Last of all, from a versatility standpoint, this pumping family handles high-pressure, industrially rated fluids with aplomb. Progressive cavity pumps are quite capable of finitely regulating a dosed additive, even when those high pressures vary.
Contact Alpha Pumps:
Phone: (03) 9311 7188
Fax: (03) 9364 9554
Mobile: 0403 030 830
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Pump Reconditioning Process and How It Can Save You Money
- Effects of Worn Rotors in Sewage and Sludge Pumps
- Life Expectancy of Pump Rotors
- What is Pump Cavitation and Its Common Causes?
- The Role of Coupling Rods for Progressive Cavity Pumps
- Pump Reconditioning Services in Melbourne: Cost-Efficiency Benefits
- What Makes Progressive Cavity Pumps Versatile for Industrial Uses?
- Rotor Re-welding Services in Melbourne: How Is This Done?
- Rotor Pump Recutting Services in Melbourne: How Does Recutting Work?
- Benefits of Using Progressive Cavity Pumps for Viscous Chemicals in Manufacturing Industries
- Signs of Problematic Drive Shafts in Pumps
- Significance of Pumps in the Agricultural Industry
- Rotors and Stators for Progressive Cavity Pumps: How They Work
- Rusty Pump Rotors: Should you Replace or Resurface?
- Accuracy of Universal Rotor Cutting Machines for Pumps
- Tips to Help Prevent Pump Stator Failure
- Causes of Drive Shaft Failure in Pumps
- Causes of Abrasion Problems in Helical Rotor Pumps?
- Benefits of Chrome Plated Helical Rotor Pumps
- Pump Rotor and Stator Refurbishment: Knowing the Right Signs When This is Needed
- View all article…