Significance of Pumps in the Agricultural IndustryApril 10, 2018
A daily rain shower, a scheduled cloudburst, sure would come in handy when the crops in a field were thirsty. Topped off by an evening drizzle, crop yield would swell. The on-tap resource, just falling from the heavens, wouldn't ever stop. In lieu of this fanciful notion, pumps nurture those crops and keep the agricultural sector hale and hearty. When gravity and nature fail, pumps take up the slack.
Pumps Manage Agricultural Output
Field irrigation is the goal. From edge-to-edge and end-to-end, the estate manager is building a water distribution network that will reach every point on that land parcel. A central conduit is already loaded with water. It's piping the important resource towards an orchard, a cornfield, a patch of lush vegetation, or some other agricultural staging point. Simply put, water is a managed asset, so it's the job of this carefully regulated pumping system to get that fluid to the agricultural commodity in the most efficient way possible.
Essential Pump Applications
Generally speaking, irrigation systems use large-scale sprinklers, which are a little like the systems we use in landscaping. In this case, however, the pumping equipment delivers a pressure-driven fluid load. That water jets powerfully from a large nozzle and arcs above the field. At a nearby orchard, it's a little different. Out here, drip nozzles and plowed hoses are watering each row of the orchard. Then, because water is a managed resource, the run-off is pumped back from a series of perimeter furrows. The recycled fluid again powers its way through hoses and pipes, as impelled by a heavy-duty electric motor and its mechanically coupled pumping assembly.
Progressive Cavity Pumps Serve Here
Capable of pumping water for long distances, self-priming helical pumps provide the pressurized muscle. If the system isn't quite up to the job, a multi-stage variant is pulled in to provide the extra fluid force. The provision of animal feed is yet another duty best left to this type of pumping solution. Then there are biofuels to extract, fertilizers to pump, and liquid manure to remove. Even the separation of mud from a newly excavated water well benefits from the presence of a progressive cavity pump, one installed vertically below ground.
Agricultural pumps function as the beating hearts of farms. They irrigate fields, extract biofuels, and basically ensure a required liquid or grain gets to where it's needed. Liquid manure removal relies on pump power, as does the supply of subterranean water. In arid landscapes and areas where the agricultural prospects seem bleak, essential pumping stations lay at the core of any animal or produce nurturing strategy.
Contact Alpha Pumps:
Phone: (03) 9311 7188
Fax: (03) 9364 9554
Mobile: 0403 030 830
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- A Review on Helical Rotor Pumps and How They Contribute to Manufacturing Industries
- Use of Pump Rotors in Poultry and Meat Processing Industry
- What are the Limitations of Helical Rotor Pumps?
- Pump Reconditioning Process and How It Can Save You Money
- Effects of Worn Rotors in Sewage and Sludge Pumps
- Life Expectancy of Pump Rotors
- What is Pump Cavitation and Its Common Causes?
- The Role of Coupling Rods for Progressive Cavity Pumps
- Pump Reconditioning Services in Melbourne: Cost-Efficiency Benefits
- What Makes Progressive Cavity Pumps Versatile for Industrial Uses?
- Rotor Re-welding Services in Melbourne: How Is This Done?
- Rotor Pump Recutting Services in Melbourne: How Does Recutting Work?
- Benefits of Using Progressive Cavity Pumps for Viscous Chemicals in Manufacturing Industries
- Signs of Problematic Drive Shafts in Pumps
- Significance of Pumps in the Agricultural Industry
- Rotors and Stators for Progressive Cavity Pumps: How They Work
- Rusty Pump Rotors: Should you Replace or Resurface?
- Accuracy of Universal Rotor Cutting Machines for Pumps
- Tips to Help Prevent Pump Stator Failure
- Causes of Drive Shaft Failure in Pumps
- Causes of Abrasion Problems in Helical Rotor Pumps?
- Benefits of Chrome Plated Helical Rotor Pumps
- Pump Rotor and Stator Refurbishment: Knowing the Right Signs When This is Needed
- View all article…