Rotor Re-welding Services in Melbourne: How Is This Done?June 12, 2018
Progressive cavity pumps, machines that resemble long and smooth mechanical assemblies, function smoothly as their drive systems hum with power. Inside their cylindrical housings, advanced synthetic rubbers form stator sleeves while strong metal rotors turn inside that flexible glove. But wait, the rotor is marked with nasty material-subtractive gouges. A standard recutting and chrome coating procedure isn't forthcoming here, not until a rotor re-welding service has addressed those performance-hampering gouges.
Rotor Gouging Explained
The reconditioning process takes account of a rotor's condition. The inspection of the part looks at small abrasions and worn chrome coatings. In Melbourne, however, there are aggressive fluids in motion. Granted, standard abrasives, like confectionary streams and those mix-free fluids found in the beverage industry, won't cut deep. Sure, the acidy liquids have enough chemical potency to dissolve chrome coatings, especially over time. However, there are also heavy sewage ejectors, and there are mining facilities, quarries, and construction materials on the move in and around Melbourne. It's these hardened aggregates that cut deep, so deep that no amount of re-cutting can restore a rotor.
Welding Subtractive Impacts
The long metal rotor is thoroughly inspected. Next, the remains of the chrome coating are stripped. Towards the end of the process, a whole new double-coated chrome skin will be applied. Before then, however, something needs to be done about the surface discontinuities. A welder arrives. He's been tasked with an important job. Unpacking his equipment, he repairs/welds the gashes and deep pitting until the welding operation fully occupies those unsightly surface marks. More than that, however, the filled surface breaks restore the uninterrupted rotor profile so that the stator once again forms discrete pockets of fluids, pockets that travel smoothly along the repaired rotor.
Refined Weld Completion
Of course, the uneven weld surface can't be left to coarsely bulge out of the rotor. No, the recutting and machining equipment runs longitudinally along the rod, so the unrefined weld edges are worked until they absolutely run flush against the high-tolerance rotor profile. At this point, the double-coated chrome finish is applied, the screw is mounted, and the equipment is tested until full helical pumping functionality is certain. Again, this service suits the Melbourne district very well, for all kinds of highly abrasive fluids are in motion in this industrially active area.
Most of the time, recutting work is enough. The specialized machine is designed to erase light scratches and chemical pitting. For those times where hard aggregate streams and rough-edged particles are suspended in the helical pump's stream, though, the re-cutting procedure isn't addressed until the re-welding work has plugged those surface subtracting wounds.
Contact Alpha Pumps:
Phone: (03) 9311 7188
Fax: (03) 9364 9554
Mobile: 0403 030 830
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Pump Coupling Rods: Common Issues and Remedies
- Causes Why Pump Shafts Can Keep Breaking
- Progressive Cavity Pumps and How it Helps Improve Efficiency in Irrigation
- A Review on Helical Rotor Pumps and How They Contribute to Manufacturing Industries
- Use of Pump Rotors in Poultry and Meat Processing Industry
- What are the Limitations of Helical Rotor Pumps?
- Pump Reconditioning Process and How It Can Save You Money
- Effects of Worn Rotors in Sewage and Sludge Pumps
- Life Expectancy of Pump Rotors
- What is Pump Cavitation and Its Common Causes?
- The Role of Coupling Rods for Progressive Cavity Pumps
- Pump Reconditioning Services in Melbourne: Cost-Efficiency Benefits
- What Makes Progressive Cavity Pumps Versatile for Industrial Uses?
- Rotor Re-welding Services in Melbourne: How Is This Done?
- Rotor Pump Recutting Services in Melbourne: How Does Recutting Work?
- Benefits of Using Progressive Cavity Pumps for Viscous Chemicals in Manufacturing Industries
- Signs of Problematic Drive Shafts in Pumps
- Significance of Pumps in the Agricultural Industry
- Rotors and Stators for Progressive Cavity Pumps: How They Work
- Rusty Pump Rotors: Should you Replace or Resurface?
- Accuracy of Universal Rotor Cutting Machines for Pumps
- Tips to Help Prevent Pump Stator Failure
- Causes of Drive Shaft Failure in Pumps
- Causes of Abrasion Problems in Helical Rotor Pumps?
- Benefits of Chrome Plated Helical Rotor Pumps
- Pump Rotor and Stator Refurbishment: Knowing the Right Signs When This is Needed
- View all article…