Rotor Pump Recutting Services in Melbourne: How Does Recutting Work?May 21, 2018
Helical rotor pumps are reliable. However, there are antagonistic forces in play within the machinery. Suspended solids and sharp-edged grains are abrading the rotor metal. In the meantime, high stream temperatures and caustic chemicals are causing stator expansion. Again, it's the rotor that feels the brunt of the compressive assault, and the damage to the metal is taking its toll. No worries, though, Melbourne's progressive cavity machines are protected.
Restoring the Functional Elements
What happens when a regular pump experiences an electrical fault? The smell of windings varnish stinks up the air, and the repair tech knows the damage is severe. Still, he doesn't just throw the equipment on the scrap heap, not if he wants to stay gainfully employed. This is an expensive piece of machinery, and it can be saved. In electrical workshops, that rescue happens when the damaged windings are replaced. If a rewinding service can pull off that trick, can't we save a helical rotor pump with some remarkable technological process? As a matter of fact, that's what rotor pump recutting is all about. Here's an expensive helical element, a screw-like shaft that's imbued with a precisely cut geometrical profile. The metal is severely pitted and scratched, but it's salvageable, not scrap.
Melbourne's De Facto Recutting Service
If the double chrome finish is scoured away by an abrasive stream, then the rotor simply heads back to the workshop for cleaning. Scrubbed clean of chemicals and contaminants, the specially shaped shaft is turned over to the post-processing department, where it's again double plated in chrome. It's protected. Unfortunately, worst case scenarios can't be in this manner. The damage has gone too deep. The pitting effect and scrapes are impairing the curving surfaces. The overly worn screw shaft needs to be recut. For that reason alone, the service needs to be conducted by a workshop, one equipped with a universal recutting machine. Using this advanced piece of equipment, trained employees process the damaged rotor. They manipulate that tool until the material surface is restored to its former geometrical outlines.
There are limits to what can be done, of course. Abrasive defects are subtractive, and they cut away metal. It's next to impossible to replace large chipped sections of destroyed metal. And that damaged section will obviously compromise the progressive cavity effect, the formation of the sealed and mix-free fluid pockets, so a salvage operation is unlikely. Still, if the damage is limited to scrapes and general pitting, Melbourne's premier rotor pump recutting service, right here at Alpha Pumps, will restore the component until it exudes a smoothly recut geometrical profile.
Contact Alpha Pumps:
Phone: (03) 9311 7188
Fax: (03) 9364 9554
Mobile: 0403 030 830
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Pump Coupling Rods: Common Issues and Remedies
- Causes Why Pump Shafts Can Keep Breaking
- Progressive Cavity Pumps and How it Helps Improve Efficiency in Irrigation
- A Review on Helical Rotor Pumps and How They Contribute to Manufacturing Industries
- Use of Pump Rotors in Poultry and Meat Processing Industry
- What are the Limitations of Helical Rotor Pumps?
- Pump Reconditioning Process and How It Can Save You Money
- Effects of Worn Rotors in Sewage and Sludge Pumps
- Life Expectancy of Pump Rotors
- What is Pump Cavitation and Its Common Causes?
- The Role of Coupling Rods for Progressive Cavity Pumps
- Pump Reconditioning Services in Melbourne: Cost-Efficiency Benefits
- What Makes Progressive Cavity Pumps Versatile for Industrial Uses?
- Rotor Re-welding Services in Melbourne: How Is This Done?
- Rotor Pump Recutting Services in Melbourne: How Does Recutting Work?
- Benefits of Using Progressive Cavity Pumps for Viscous Chemicals in Manufacturing Industries
- Signs of Problematic Drive Shafts in Pumps
- Significance of Pumps in the Agricultural Industry
- Rotors and Stators for Progressive Cavity Pumps: How They Work
- Rusty Pump Rotors: Should you Replace or Resurface?
- Accuracy of Universal Rotor Cutting Machines for Pumps
- Tips to Help Prevent Pump Stator Failure
- Causes of Drive Shaft Failure in Pumps
- Causes of Abrasion Problems in Helical Rotor Pumps?
- Benefits of Chrome Plated Helical Rotor Pumps
- Pump Rotor and Stator Refurbishment: Knowing the Right Signs When This is Needed
- View all article…