Pump Reconditioning Process and How It Can Save You MoneySeptember 25, 2018
Pumps are reliable devices. Even when they're in service, day-after-day, for weeks and months on end, they function reliably. By design, it's a set of stringently enforced engineering values and production standards that make sure they're equipped with this long lifespan. Even when those features wane, there's a pump reconditioning service to provide a lifespan reclaiming support service.
Maintenance Estranged Pumps
In some hypothetical factory, a place that ignores its pumps and fittings, equipment is aging prematurely. In a centrifugal pump, its volute is cracked. Head pressure is fluctuating, and the leaking mess is creating a messy puddle on the factory floor. Elsewhere, the bearings on a rotating assembly have seized. The circuit breakers are tripping, the electric cables are overheating, and the quarterly power bill is spiking high. What do the equipment owners do to fix these issues? They use a patch-it-and-fix-it mindset. Replacing a bearing, maybe adding a few litres of lubricant, or by replacing a burnt out motor, they keep the facility ticking over. Avoiding this debacle, pump reconditioning services overhaul or "recondition" aging parts.
Reconditioning Services Save The Day
As mentioned in past posts, reconditioning work acts like a full-on equipment face-lift. For those damaged motors, their bearings are replaced. Their electrical windings are pulled, then a rewinding service is applied. It's not a cheap process, but it's more cost-effective than the alternative. Reconditioned pumps return to their connections, plinths and bays in peak operational condition once more, with freshly minted windings, newly replaced and lubricated bearings, and more. Progressive cavity pumps, well, these screw-like constructs have obviously been designed to rival their rotary/volute-equipped cousins, especially when it comes to reconditioning work.
Helical Pump Reconditioning
Just to review the matter, the screw section inside a progressive cavity pump will age over time. Abrasive mediums cause the alloy strengthened surfaces to pit and score. The scratches are repairable, at least at first, by opting for a resurfacing procedure, one that double-coats the shaft in an abrasion-resistant finish. However, left unresolved, the cost-effectiveness issue goes out the window, for that damage accumulates and deepens. Suffering from its subtractive wounds, it's much harder to replace a heavily abraded rotor. There are welding techniques and several other additive repair techniques, of course, but the results of those operations can vary.
Cost effective repair strategies are, more often than not, regarded as time-sensitive solutions. Energy losses accumulate when bearings rust and squeal. Motor windings, perhaps suffering an electrical continuity issue in one phase of their windings, burn out completely when the matter isn't properly addressed. Meanwhile, on helical pumps, fluid pocket integrity is destroyed by geometrically irregular rotors, at least until a shaft reconditioning service rescues those prematurely failing rotors and their elastomeric stators.
Contact Alpha Pumps:
Phone: (03) 9311 7188
Fax: (03) 9364 9554
Mobile: 0403 030 830
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Pump Reconditioning Process and How It Can Save You Money
- Effects of Worn Rotors in Sewage and Sludge Pumps
- Life Expectancy of Pump Rotors
- What is Pump Cavitation and Its Common Causes?
- The Role of Coupling Rods for Progressive Cavity Pumps
- Pump Reconditioning Services in Melbourne: Cost-Efficiency Benefits
- What Makes Progressive Cavity Pumps Versatile for Industrial Uses?
- Rotor Re-welding Services in Melbourne: How Is This Done?
- Rotor Pump Recutting Services in Melbourne: How Does Recutting Work?
- Benefits of Using Progressive Cavity Pumps for Viscous Chemicals in Manufacturing Industries
- Signs of Problematic Drive Shafts in Pumps
- Significance of Pumps in the Agricultural Industry
- Rotors and Stators for Progressive Cavity Pumps: How They Work
- Rusty Pump Rotors: Should you Replace or Resurface?
- Accuracy of Universal Rotor Cutting Machines for Pumps
- Tips to Help Prevent Pump Stator Failure
- Causes of Drive Shaft Failure in Pumps
- Causes of Abrasion Problems in Helical Rotor Pumps?
- Benefits of Chrome Plated Helical Rotor Pumps
- Pump Rotor and Stator Refurbishment: Knowing the Right Signs When This is Needed
- View all article…