Benefits of Chrome Plated Helical Rotor PumpsDecember 12, 2016
Top quality chrome plating techniques have been in use for some time. If you doubt our word, pop into a local hardware store. There are literally thousands of screws using the tough coating in there. Interestingly enough, these products look like pocket-sized versions of the helical rotor pumps we're about to surface coat. It's obviously a highly desirable finish, but what exactly are the benefits of chrome plated helical rotor pumps?
Chrome Plated Comparisons
Pint-sized screws do use this tough metal finish, but the similarities end at the geometrical profile. Fasteners screw down and anchor, but they don't move after they've been tightened. As for helical rotor pumps, they do adopt the same profile as a diminutive screw, but they're far larger than a standard fastener and, more importantly, always on the move.
Chrome Plated Benefits: Rotor Coatings
At first sight, the primary benefit is the stripped back plating methodology. Electroplating technology is in common use today, so most metal and plastic parts readily subscribe to this robust coating method. But then there's the wear resistant feature and a subsequent durability rating to consider. Next, the chromium coating has an aptitude for blocking corrosive fluids, which is a feature that every hard working metal rotor can appreciate as it works tirelessly in a confined pipe full of abrasive fluids. The plating process also heals the metal by filling scratches and surface-pitted metal scars. Once filled, the polished veneer of the helical shaft is ready for service again. Aesthetically attractive and mechanically armoured, the aged rotor becomes like new again.
Addressing the Depth Factor
Finally, intricate geometrical profiles benefit from a depth-controllable feature. After all, the stator/rotor relationship does use an eccentric axial cycle, but it also requires high tolerances so that the progressive cavity is properly generated and efficiently transmitted as a shear-free pocket. A single exactingly bonded layer should be enough to assure this superior rotor coating will deflect all abrasive influences, but there's also an option to double coat the rotor and really reinforce the anti-abrasive feature.
In listing the benefits of chrome plated helical rotor pumps, a newly manufactured screw that's finished in this manner is gifted with durability. Older rotors miss out on this protective coating, but they can be reconditioned and imbued with chrome-plated armour, all so that the worn part can be rejuvenated and restored. More than this, the reconditioned screw will be tougher than it ever was, so durable that it's better than new.
Contact Alpha Pumps:
Phone: (03) 9311 7188
Fax: (03) 9364 9554
Mobile: 0403 030 830
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Benefits of Chrome Plated Helical Rotor Pumps
- Pump Rotor and Stator Refurbishment: Knowing the Right Signs When This is Needed
- The Effects of Water Temperature in Rotors
- Pump Calibration and Its Importance in Helical Rotor Pumps Performance
- Limitations of Helical Rotor Pumps
- Common Causes of Abrasion Problems in Helical Rotor Pumps
- Pump Rotor Refurbishment and Reconditioning Services in Melbourne
- Rotary Vacuum Pumps and Their Uses
- Significance of Rotary Actuators in Pumps
- What is Back Pressure and Its Effect on Pumps?
- Significance of Rotary Pumps for Sludge and Sewage Treatment
- Symptoms of Worn Rotors
- Benefits and Limitations of Helical Rotor Pumps
- Cost and Budget Benefits of Reconditioning Pump Wear Parts
- Most Common Pump Rotor Problems
- Investment Benefits of Choosing a Reliable Pump Rotor Builder
- Purposes and Functions of Drive Shafts
- Pump Rotor Service: Inspection, Maintenance, Repair and Replacement Parts
- Maintenance Recommendations for Pumps
- Tips in Finding the Best Pump Wear Parts Supplier
- Functions of Pump Rotors
- The Significance of Pumps in Various Industries
- Pump Services, Repair and Maintenance: Your Guide to Choosing the Best for Your Business
- Industrial Pump Reconditioning: Alpha Pumps Can Do The Job For You!