A Review on Helical Rotor Pumps and How They Contribute to Manufacturing IndustriesNovember 9, 2018
As a key concept, a helical rotor pump's ability to convey many types of fluids does benefit the manufacturing industry. Speaking of different fluid types, we're not limiting this post to semi-solids and thick, gooey pastes. In this sector, this pump category is also expected to gently convey the abrasive loads that float suspended within those fluid mediums. Built as all-around industry contributors, such talents deserve highlighting.
Single-Phase Fluid Conveyance
Stringy cheeses and pulpy paper flow thickly through a pump line. In this manufacturing sequence, single-phase fluids are on their way elsewhere, to be dried or further processed. Certain to strangle regular positive displacement units, these activities are steadily maintained by helical rotors and their tightly sealed stators, which are loaded with elastomeric gasketing power. In the two cases mentioned above, abrasive content isn't an issue, but viscoelastic hazards do represent a fluid-conveying threat. Adding fluid phases and material suspensions to the mix, helical rotors barely issue a performance hiccup.
Processing Multi-Phase Manufacturing Fluids
Or perhaps that should be "non-processing" power, for helical rotor pumps are designed to handle multiple fluid streams in a manufacturing plant without carrying out any processing action. The shear-free, mix-less design creates discrete pockets inside the elastomeric cylinder. Essentially, different manufacturing chemicals and different fluid mixes arrive at their destinations in small, unblended packets, where they can then be further worked upon in whatever equipment operation dominates the manufacturing process. Better yet, though, if the chemicals or foodstuffs are mix-sensitive, the pump won't impact their fluid compositions in any way, because those pockets are gently conveyed along and through the pump mechanism.
Reviewing the Helical Benefits
Unfortunately, the manufacturing sector does use abrasive mediums. Even a stream of strawberry jam, freshly discharged from a crushing and squeezing station, could carry seeds and slightly caustic acids. Alloy-plated helical rotors endure when such conditions push hard. They also reduce flow velocity and wear in complex manufacturing networks, so the pipes and equipment line can process the thickest, most obdurate fluids with great efficiency.
Clearly, as we've illustrated many times in past posts, helical rotor pumps are incredibly versatile, and that versatility factor does favour the manufacturing sector. For turbulence-sensitive foods and chemicals, the pumps carefully transport their loads without causing formula alterations or taste changes. Single-state milk or yoghurt, multi-phase manufacturing chemicals or key production manipulating reagents, the progressive cavity design operates on those fluid streams with gentle but resolute strength. And, should the stream contain abrasive suspensions or semi-solid clogs, this pump type will use its “no interruption” design features to keep a manufacturing facility ceaselessly engaged.
Contact Alpha Pumps:
Phone: (03) 9311 7188
Fax: (03) 9364 9554
Mobile: 0403 030 830
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Pump Coupling Rods: Common Issues and Remedies
- Causes Why Pump Shafts Can Keep Breaking
- Progressive Cavity Pumps and How it Helps Improve Efficiency in Irrigation
- A Review on Helical Rotor Pumps and How They Contribute to Manufacturing Industries
- Use of Pump Rotors in Poultry and Meat Processing Industry
- What are the Limitations of Helical Rotor Pumps?
- Pump Reconditioning Process and How It Can Save You Money
- Effects of Worn Rotors in Sewage and Sludge Pumps
- Life Expectancy of Pump Rotors
- What is Pump Cavitation and Its Common Causes?
- The Role of Coupling Rods for Progressive Cavity Pumps
- Pump Reconditioning Services in Melbourne: Cost-Efficiency Benefits
- What Makes Progressive Cavity Pumps Versatile for Industrial Uses?
- Rotor Re-welding Services in Melbourne: How Is This Done?
- Rotor Pump Recutting Services in Melbourne: How Does Recutting Work?
- Benefits of Using Progressive Cavity Pumps for Viscous Chemicals in Manufacturing Industries
- Signs of Problematic Drive Shafts in Pumps
- Significance of Pumps in the Agricultural Industry
- Rotors and Stators for Progressive Cavity Pumps: How They Work
- Rusty Pump Rotors: Should you Replace or Resurface?
- Accuracy of Universal Rotor Cutting Machines for Pumps
- Tips to Help Prevent Pump Stator Failure
- Causes of Drive Shaft Failure in Pumps
- Causes of Abrasion Problems in Helical Rotor Pumps?
- Benefits of Chrome Plated Helical Rotor Pumps
- Pump Rotor and Stator Refurbishment: Knowing the Right Signs When This is Needed
- View all article…